AltStore provides it all without the need for a jailbreak. It is completely free to download and works on Windows and Mac OS X computers.
How to Download AltStore:
AltStore is very easy to download and is much safer than installing a jailbreak. However, it isn’t quite so simple to download as a standard app store app. It doesn’t take too long, so here’s what you need:
- Your iOS device
- Windows or Mac computer
- USB connection cable for your iPhone or iPad
Once you have all these, you can install AltStore onto your device:
If you are using a Windows-based PC, you need to download iTunes from the official Apple website and not from the Microsoft app store.
- Connect your device to your computer
- Using your computer browser, download the app from above for Mac OSX and Windows PC.
- Install the correct AltServer software for your operating system
- On your Mac, open the toolbar, and on top right click AltStore > Install AltStore and chose your device.
- On a Windows PC, open the icon tray at the bottom of the screen, on the right and click the AltServer icon, hover the mouse cursor over Install AltStore and choose your device.
- When AltStore has been installed on your device, keep AltServer open on your computer and your device connected, open AltStore on your device, and download whatever apps you want.
- Any time you want an app on your iPhone or iPad, your device must be connected to your computer and AltStore open ( this also applies to app updates ).
How to Use AltStore on iPhone or iPad:
- Open AltStore on your device. If it shows Untrusted Developer, then go to Settings > General > Profile and Trust your Apple ID.
- Now on the AltStore app, sign in with your official Apple ID – Password or, if you used an app-specific password, use that one ( it must be the same one used to install AltStore app via AltServer ).
- To sign in, tap on Settings > Account > Sign In. When you input your details, tap on Sign in
How to Install Apps from AltStore:
- This is much the same as downloading from the iOS app store so open AltStore
- Tap Browse and then either tap an app title to see what its all about or tap on FREE beside it to install it on your device
- You will see the download progress and, once installed; you can access it on your device in the same way as any other app.
- Tutorial: Cydia Impactor Alternative: How To Sign IPA by AltSigner?
- Tutorial: How To Download And Use AltDeploy On Mac OS?